Margaret Snatch'Her

Margaret Snatch'Her
Just your average American girl.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It should have been another average day...

     So today started out like many others. I set my alarm clock and didn't get out of bed until much later than it actually went off. I ate breakfast and dashed out to my office to drop off and pick up my equipment for the rest of the week. I drove to my location and did a workshop called "Under Pressure," where the kids learn about the power of air pressure and also Bernoulli's Principle. I came home and made some lunch, did a little reading from the book I got at the library yesterday and laid down for a nap.
     At exactly 4:00pm my phone rang and to my utter shock and dismay it was my ex boyfriend. The one who dumped me on Sunday. He called to see how I was doing and ask if I wanted to hang out before he leaves on Sunday for Chapel Hill. I was floored, I didn't know what to say. My heart was racing....was this a sign that he was changing his mind? Did he maybe love me  after all? At this point the rational side of my brain kicked in and I told him no. I told he that he couldn't have it both ways and that we couldn't just hang out because he wanted to have me still be in his life to support him. He seemed genuinely sorry, but I just can't do it. I can't go through all of this again. I spent over an hour and a half sobbing myself to sleep the night we broke up.
     Am I being too mean or harsh. I feel like it is time that I start protecting myself and my heart. He broke my heart and I'm not sure I can handle seeing him again without losing my composure which I have worked hard to regain these last few days. My heart is still aching, but inside I am hoping that this will make him see what a huge mistake he has made. I'm still not sure what to do. I think I am going to email him and tell him how I am feeling and why I am being so curt. Wish me luck!


     As far as derby goes last night was our 1st scrimmage in the warehouse. I have some lovely bruises (thigh, chin, arms), but I was super impressed with the team work and strategy. It gives me confidence for this weekend. They just released the roster for Saturday and I feel like we have this win on lock down. I am so excited for this bout and to show my friends and family just how much I and my team has improved since our last home bout in April. If your interested check out our website at www.charlotterollergirls.com

Until next time - Hugs and Bruises,
 - Snatch

No comments:

Post a Comment